We extend our deepest gratitude to and love for our Advisory Professor Ph.D Lee Ki Beom, mentor of spirit and academic professionalism. Provided below for Junior Members of ULS are the fundamental topics in Public International Law heavily based on Ph.D Lee’s lectures and contributions of Senior Members of ULS. Enjoy!
- What is Law?
- Definition and History of Public International Law (PIL)
- Voluntarism v. Universalism
- International Law and Municipal Law
- International Court of Justice
- Sources of PIL
- General Principles of PIL and Jus Cogens (Peremptory Norms)
- Law of Treaties
- Relationship between PIL and Domestic Law
- Subjects of PIL
- Definition of State and Legal Effect of Recognition
- Sovereignty and Equality of States
- Jurisdiction of States
- State Immunity and Act of State Doctrine
- Diplomatic Immunity and Privileges
- State Responsibility
Joining in 2010, Seungmin is a Founding Member of and Senior Partner at Yonsei ULS. Please be advised: the comment, writing, or column does not represent the official position of YULS.
“Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.” – John Q. Adams
James DongA Shin is a co-founder of JS & Associates and a Senior Partner at Yonsei ULS. Please be advised: the comment, writing, or column does not represent the official position of YULS